As you probably have seen in your firewall, pfSense 2.3.4 was released just yesterday! I will quickly summarize the most important changes that were made in this version.
- A few new informations are available on the Dashboard:
- Bios Vendor, Version and Release Date
- A Netgate Unique ID (It’s similar to a serial Number, for Support reasons mainly, it is not transmitted anywhere automatically.)
- PPPoE Uptime Display on the Interfaces dashboard widget
- Few new filters for different Dashboard widgets
- Firewall GUI Certificates
- Certificate Code was corrected so no more issues accessing the pfSense Web GUI on Chrome 58 and later
- You need to create a new certificate to use for the GUI to utilize the new format
- General GUI
- Added navigation links to breadcrumbs
Those are just a few changes, you can look upon the complete list here.
I will, as always, wait a few days before upgrading the production firewall and see if any problems are coming up on the forums.
It is always good to see that the guys from Netgate are constantly working on bug fixing and improving the firewall. Soon as 2.4 will be released, there will be a thorough article on the new features it will have.
Enjoy your weekend!
- Firewall Micro Appliance With 4x Gbe Intel Lan Ports for PFSense
- Firewall Micro Appliance with 2x Gbe Intel LAN Ports for PFSense Barebone
- Firewall micro appliance with 4x Gigabit Intel LAN Ports for pfSense with 4GB RAM / 16GB mSATA
- Firewall micro appliance with 2x Gigabit Intel LAN Ports for pfSense with 2GB RAM / 16GB mSATA